Oktoberfest like you’ve never seen it before! And honestly we’re hoping to never see it this way again. But that’s not about to stop us from throwing an epic party like it’s 1999, er, make that 2020. Yes, this one will have a decidedly 2020 feel — which is to say masks are required, dirndl and lederhosen optional.
The inaugural MASKED Oktoberfest will be held at Catawba Brewing’s Charlotte tasting room on Sunday, September 27.
Join us as we celebrate our favorite Bavarian beer holiday with an emphasis on safety. Competitions will be held from 2-4pm
, but the festivities will go all day. When we say we’ve got it all, we mean we’ve got it ALL:
- Catawba Festbier and Thirty Seconds to Marzen on tap
- Stein hoist from your own table (separate men’s & women’s games)
- Keg rolling competition in the parking lot
- Prizes including collectable steins (filled with beer!)
- Oktoberfest costume contests
- Grand prize for best costume is a gift certificate redeemable for a sixtel keg of a Catawba flagship beer!
- German food specials from Blue Fork
- Vintage motorcycles courtesy of The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride
- Dance demo courtesy of The JAM
- Masks and social distancing
- And more!
Oktoberfest competitors MUST REGISTER for outdoor tables in the Festival area via EventBrite. There is no charge to enter.
Attendees who are not participating in games may sit at tables spread safely throughout the tasting room and event space — no reservations required.
A table reservation is good for ONE 6 or 8-top table in the Festival area. Tables are limited to no more than 8 guests.
Grand prizes for best costume will be awarded at 4pm to one
man and one woman.